Overcome panic attacks naturally with CBD
If you suffer from panic attacks, we feel you.
A panic attack can range from a brief rising of anxiousness, to actually feeling like the world is caving in around you. People who suffer from severe panic attacks have even reported that they feel like they are having a heart attack.
Leading mental health organisation MIND report on the commonalities that millions of people experience every day when dealing with stress, anxiety and panic attacks.
The simple fact is – these episodes are within your control.
That in itself can be a tough one to swallow right? But hear us out.
Integrating the power of CBD for anxiety UK every day can really support your shift from panic attacks to the serenity you deserve – yes, really.
What is a panic attack?
A panic attack can wash over you in a heartbeat. It feels like a seemingly sudden episode of intense fear and anxiety that grips the entire body.
You may feel like there is a ferocious animal around the corner waiting to attack!
Even the anxiety of having a panic attack can trigger a panic attack – and now we are trapped in our own catch 22 cycle.
As an extreme, we may reach the stage where we don’t want to go out or we may avoid social situations. This can further lead to isolation and subsequent depression, so it’s essential to get on top of this – and it is possible.
Panic attacks can trigger some severe physical reactions in the body, even when there is no actual danger or even apparent cause. Your body can react in many different ways and produce a range of physical symptoms.
During an episode you may experience:
What causes panic attacks?
The human nervous system is a complex web of receptors that respond and react to their environment to essentially keep you safe.
When we feel that we are under threat, our sympathetic nervous system kicks in to activate our ‘fight or flight’ response. This automatically releases the necessary stress hormones such as cortisol, and fires up the neurotransmitters and adrenaline, which help us act faster to run away from the impending doom or ferocious beast about to pounce on us.
This is all really helpful when we’re in true danger, because we can fight back or escape.
However, most panic attacks happen when our fight or flight response is triggered but we aren’t actually in any real danger – we just think we are.
Anyone who has ever spun out in the supermarket will understand that this response is just not useful in public.
The thing is, panic attacks vary for everyone and can happen at all sorts of different times and for various reasons. Sometimes it can seem like they come out of nowhere for no particular reason at all. You may notice you experience them when life is really quick paced and stressful. Sometimes a specific places or activity can even trigger an attack.
It is important to raise your self awareness, and even keep a diary of when the anxiety arises, what seems to be the trigger, and what the feeling is associated to.
For all the times when it seems like this is for no reason – there is a reason, and there is also a resolve for it.
How can CBD help?
The cannabinoids in CBD isolate work directly with your own endocannabinoid (ECS) system and in turn your central nervous system. Your nervous system is responsible for the regulation of your hormones, your mood, appetite, weight, you name it. Get this into healthy balance and you have nailed it.
We have done our research in the field of the many ways that CBD isolate can support your personal and ongoing healing and growth.
In a 2019 study, researchers found that 300–600 mg of CBD for anxiety UK significantly reduced symptoms in 57 adult males.
The thing about the dosage that a person takes to relieve anxiety depends on the CBD isolate product and how it is administered. The effects of orally administered CBD for anxiety in the UK such as oils, begin working within 30 minutes to 2 hours. Similarly the effects of topically applied CBD isolate oils, lotions and balms can have speedy and noticeable effects.
A 2017 study entitled ‘Evidences for the Anti-panic Actions of Cannabidiol’ conclude that CBD seems to be a promising drug for the treatment of Panic Disorder. Ongoing clinical trials and studies continue to show us the efficacy of CBD for anxiety in the UK and worldwide.
How can CBD help?
This is perhaps the most important question of all.
Here is where you really start getting to the root of the problem, and unpacking the things in your life that you can work with to improve these conditions and the quality of your life.
You are your best subject and your best case study. Self care for those who suffer from anxiety is paramount, and your first step to wellness and reclaiming your vitality.
Know and understand that we can change the quality of our thoughts, our actions and our lives.
It is highly possible that you carry responsibility, have business to tend to or care for others, however this stage of the game will involve dedication to yourself for a change.
Daily commitment and dedication to your self development is the miracle cure here.
CBD isolate will absolutely support this if it is incorporated into your daily routine and healthy lifestyle choices.
Slowing down is the number one thing that will do you a massive favour, right now.
Take a deep breath, and know that this will pass. Everything passes.
Looking outside of yourself for something or someone to ease the pain is completely normal, we all do that. There is a child inside that needs taking care of. Perhaps our needs as children were not met. However, these are the times when we really must show up and be present for ourselves, and parent ourselves now.
It is time to take full responsibility for our thoughts, emotions and actions as we go through life, go within and understand that we have the power to heal ourselves.
Anything we get ourselves into – we can get ourselves out of.
There are infinite ways to self care and you will find a routine or protocol that works for you. Here are some suggestions:
– Breathe. This sounds simple, and it really is. Notice how shallow your breath is, and deepen it. Deeper breathing can help to prevent panic attacks as well as help while they’re happening. A step further from this is breathwork (and it’s magical).
– Get out in nature, or at least open air. Physical activity, fresh air and particularly nature can instantly reduce tension and improve your mood.
– Talk to someone. We often feel like we are out here alone, dealing with the complexities of being human. When in fact, we are social beings and we are all in this together. We all feel anxiety at some time or another, and I bet you that if you confide in someone – they know what you are going through. Having a sense that we are supported makes a massive difference.
– Notice the quality of your thoughts and internal dialogue. The way that we talk to ourselves is essential to our wellbeing, and more often than not, we are our own worst enemy and critic. If you stop and think – would I talk to my best friend that way.. you just wouldn’t, would you.
– Regularly take a few drops of CBD isolate oil under the tongue. As you do this several times a day, visualise these little drops of calm are flooding your whole system with a soothing light.
– Meditation. Granted, it’s not for everyone, but millions of people over thousands of years are on to something here. Calming the racing mind regularly, really gives your whole system a break, rest and reset. It takes you away from the sympathetic nervous system ‘fight or flight’, and resets your parasympathetic nervous system to rest and digest. You might not be able to calm the mind entirely and that’s just fine too. Simply allowing yourself the time to sit in silence with only yourself isn’t going to be easy at first, but with consistency, you will notice subtle changes and benefits. Try using an aromatherapy CBD isolate infused roll on across the forehead and temples before you sit.
– Yoga, dance, stretching, walking and general body movement practices shift stuck energy in the system straight away. The somatic nervous system is a whole bunch of sensory nerves which translate sensation from the body to the central nervous system (CNS). The ECS take these messages to regulate and align them into a state of homeostasis – in other words, calm you down. Using a CBD isolate infused body balm daily can also support muscles and joints in being relaxed and pain free.
Incorporating CBD isolate into your every day practice, and ensuring that your source is top quality, when looking at where to buy CBD oil.
Panic attacks may feel at the time like the world is ending.
Perhaps it is, perhaps the old version of you is done now.